LiftFund is a non-profit organization (501 c 3) dedicated to the economic development of small business by providing entrepreneurs with access to credit and business support services that are not available from the commercial banking sector. We offer a “hand-up” to those striving to support themselves and their families through small business initiatives. Through our loans and services, we help entrepreneurs strengthen their businesses, stabilize and increase their incomes, create additional employment opportunities and contribute to the economic revitalization of their communities.
LiftFund is a micro and small business lender based in San Antonio with offices in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Fort Worth, El Paso, Houston, Laredo, McAllen, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham and Atlanta. The Lending footprint includes the States of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. LiftFund has assets of $69 million and has 105 employees.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for operational and financial performance of LiftFund, as well as strategic leadership, risk management, organizational development, internal infrastructure and new business development. Partners with President and CEO to plan and prepare for future growth and coordinate strategic responses to emerging opportunities. Serves as the leader of the Operational Leadership Team which includes the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Lending Officer and the Chief Credit Officer. The goal of the COO is to support the mission, increase the organizations’ asset base, and improve the operational performance of the organization.
- Serve as the lead of the operations of LiftFund. Is responsible for identifying, vetting, and ensuring follow-up on new and existing business development or organizational opportunities. Provide thought leadership on operational and mission impact, organizational capacity, risk factors, and other key factors to inform strategic decision-making • Provide organizational focus and leadership for market positioning issues, identifying emerging opportunities to leverage current work and internal capacities for new business development
- Lead the development and implementation of key performance indicators (KPIs). Proactively identify performance trends, ensure ongoing reporting and engagement of team on performance successes, shortcomings and mid-course corrections, as needed
- Champion the development, implementation and continuous improvement of a range of organizational management protocols, practices and tools, (project management, procurement, contracting, risk management, etc.) to ensure optimal deployment of LiftFund ’s resources
- Serve as the leader of the Operational Team and advisor and counsel to the President • Provide leadership, vision, coaching, and professional development opportunities
- Ensure effective financial management protocols and processes, including timely, accurate financial reporting, proper financial controls, and effective budgeting and procurement
- Continuously assess and refine LiftFund’s financial model towards self-sufficiency; analyze and develop strategies to align organizational priorities with financial resources and outcomes
- Provide oversight and approval of all financial commitments including contract approval, budget approval and audit preparedness
Talent Management & Organizational Development
- Ensure the delivery of effective human resource practices and policies that are aligned with Lift Fund’s strategic priorities.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement by collaborating with teams to identify operational gaps or inefficiencies, and developing competency, structural, or process-based solutions. Maintain robust succession plan for Operational Team positions to ensure organizational sustainability and mitigate operational risks
Information Technology Management
- Provide oversight to IT function to ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of LiftFund’s information systems and architecture, including hardware, networking, and applications, that effectively serve both the internal and mission-facing needs of the organization
- Engender and encourage innovative, proactive integration of technology solutions in support of programmatic imperatives
- Ensure appropriate disaster recovery measures are in effect, including standard protocols and communication measures
- Oversee real estate portfolio and related activities for headquarters and remote offices, including lease agreements, landlord relations, subtenant agreements, and space improvements
- Ensure effective administrative functions for LIFTFUND’s headquarters offices including physical security, liability coverage, records storage, business policies, mail and shipping, office supplies and equipment, and maintenance of a comfortable, welcoming physical environment for LIFTFUND team members and guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of ten years leadership and management experience, including at least three years in a nonprofit or socially responsible organization. Prior experience providing oversight to three or more of the following functional areas: business operations, human resources, financial management, organizational development, information technology, organizational effectiveness
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, finance, human resources, organizational development, or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of Master’s degree
- Strong project management and analytical skills required • Demonstrated success in developing and managing KPIs
- Strong writing and verbal communication with the ability to communicate to diverse internal and external audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop and maintain strong relationships, and engender trust
- Flexible demeanor, demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and system
- Demonstrable leadership ability, including coaching, teambuilding and performance management
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to Janie Hernandez, VP Human Resource. firstname.lastname@example.org